Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dexcom CGMS

I went a week--as you well know--and I'm uncertain about the CGMS. Partly. I know I have to get used to it. [I'm reiterating, aren't I? Sorry.] Anyway, I'm going to do another week with the Dexcom, then decide if I want to keep it. If I use it the way is recommended...not as a replacement to fingersticking...then it seems pointless to have the second device. See, I ended up turning most of the alerts off of the Dexcom. I was able to relax when I wasn't watching the numbers, which is the key, I think. So, if I'm just trending, then I don't see the point of having two sources of data. *sigh* I really thought the separate data wasn't going to matter. I'm just not sure any more. Another week to get in a groove, then I'll see. :)

Fall is here! I'm so loving the weather. It's cool. A little wet. Colorful. It's beautiful. Despite the diabetes see-sawing, I'm very happy!
Thanks for stopping in.
I hope you enjoy the fall as much as I do.
With Love,
Bethanne

No comments: