Thursday, December 24, 2009

Frustrating Day

BG: 171
CGM: NOT READING!

Well, that probably shows how I'm feeling today in general. This evening, after a day of weak signals, cal errors, starts and inaccuracy.... I tore that sensor out. First of all, I did NOT have this kind of trouble on my trial with the Minimed CGMS. I'm hoping it was a fluke. I wanted to be hooked up, but I think I'm going to wait before I insert another sensor. [I say that now, but you know how impatient I am!]

I'm reading the manuals and trying to figure out what the heck the problem is... the sensor got 'caught' going in. Meaning, I had to give it a good shove, so I'm guessing it could have been a badly placed sensor. On the other hand, the manual says for the sensor to be in the abdomen, but not in a fatty area... uh, helloo??? Have you met a middle-aged diabetic mother of four? *pulling hair*

Anyway, the day was a little stressful over all, but not too bad. Today--day four with company--was the day I went from pleasantly occupied and companioned to I-need-some-space, please! Ha! Tomorrow will be a better day.

Just a few more things to wrap and Santa's on!
Have a VERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love,
Bethanne

1 comment:

phonelady said...

yeah very Merry Christmas to your household from mine .