Monday, December 28, 2009

Sugar

If you missed my Diabetes Police blog with Mike, you'll have to go back and take a look. It's very funny.

Yesterday, my houseguest wanted to make a lemon pie with the HUGE lemon she grew in her back yard this year. But the recipe called for one and a half cups of sugar. She said, that's too much sugar for you.

Reply One: A cup and a half in ONE SERVING?! Yikes. That is too much.
Reply Two: Everyone else would LOVE a lemon pie.
Reply Three: I could have a small little peice and bolus extra. No biggie.
Reply Four: How about some lemonade with Splenda?

Anyway, we all deal with it...
My CGMS is working really well after the rough start.
Have a great week.
Bethanne

1 comment:

phonelady said...

I used to have a lemon tree in my backyard in my rental house and I will miss that tree forever . I used to use all the lemons for tea and pies (hubby loves lemon meringue) . i also used to use lemon in my diet coke . Oh well have a wonderfull week to you too .