Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exercise and Food

Staples to the well-balanced Diabetic life.

This morning, after my pizza induced fat feelings, I walked over a mile (1.5?). That's nothing, I know. Most healthy people run at least twice that in the same amount of time. But as usual, I find myself working back up to exercise. It's a mode my body is used to... the sore muscles of not being used. Heck, I almost got up and did aerobics. That would have been KILLER on my unused legs. Sheesh, the way I'm talking you would think I'm 200+ pounds. I'm not. I'm a slightly overweight 160 pounds.

The exercise is good though, and I feel so much better today already. I had a bowl of cereal, Cheerios, which I could have taken less insulin for because of the walking. Cereal's another food that shoots my glucose up, so if I do eat it, I try to cover. Next time, when I'm exercising, I'll do less. 10:10am -- 41 -- ate a peach and yogurt.

I'm off to change a diaper...
and edit a manuscript...
and revise a sypnopsis...

No comments: