Monday, January 25, 2010

Hypercrap

BG: 79
[CGM]: Above 400 -- shouldn't this thing fix itself??? *scratching head* maybe I broke it with my quick rise this morning to 220. That seemed to push it over the edge and now I can't calibrate it until it's compatible.

My husband is still wondering if this CGM thing is worth it. I still think so. We're adjusting. *shrug*

I'm keeping my 15 minutes of exercise a day up. Yay! It's probably not enough to take any of my unwanted weight off, but it feels good, and really all I have the motivation for at this point. Winter is sure getting to me this year. :P Even the kids are starting to wish for warmer weather. Yucky weather or not, we're all looking forward to a nice trip to Michigan soon. We'll visit friends and family. Just being out of the house will help. Pray for safe travels--and GOOD WEATHER!

I'm on the verge of getting more involved in the diabetes community. It's taken me 22 years to figure out how wonderful the support can be. I never had it as a kid, and didn't know the extent of it until now... weird huh? It is weird. I wish things had been different. Realistically, with a move coming up, I can't commit to too much... Still, I feel it's a good idea. So, tell me. Do you belong to the Diabetes Association near you? Do you find stuff to do with your local JDRF? What is your favorite aspect of being part of your local diabetes community?

THANKS for sharing.
Bethanne

No comments: