Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloweenie

BG: 64

I feel like such a WEENIE!!!!

I mean really. One day with an obnoxious amount of candy around, and already I'm seeing a couple of spikes... and feeling unnecessarily junk food hung over. You know what I mean... you don't even have to be diabetic to know what a junk food hang over feels like. Heck, you don't even have to be hyperglycemic.

It's that feeling of needing to brush your teeth...
of wanting to put your head down on the desk and take a nap...
of having a strange desire/desperation to eat meat or a salad.

Well, maybe that's just me. But I don't eat crap well.
I'm not saying I don't like it...
If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have a junk food hangover!!!

I've got to figure something out.
The dietary journal is a decent start. Going to the doctor for an appointment on Tuesday is good motivation to NOT have Reeses, Hersheys, Twizzlers, and KitKats written down between every meal. Still, I need something more.

Oh! Maybe if I got on the scale at every meal, that would also be a good reminder to avoid the kid's candy. *sigh* I'll get there. I am determined. Wonder if I could start exercising up at the mall this week.

Time to call in my girlfriends.
Happy All Saint's Eve, friends!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just back from trick or treating AND hanging out with good friends and junk food. Now...I'm wanting to brush my teeth and go vegetarian this week. Feel yuck. So KNOW what you mean!