Sunday, November 1, 2009

National Bethanne Month

That's what I'm calling it because not only is it National Diabetes [Awareness] Month, it's also National Novel Writing Month....

now, I'm not sure what to do about the diabetes month, but for sure, I'll be spending any spare time I have adding words to a new manuscript for this years race to 50k. How to combine the two....

Well, there's always a Glucose testing marathon....
or perhaps a no simple sugar AT ALL challenge. *scratching head* Hmm...
A get-your-own-CGMS goal. I like that one.

I guess, the thing of it is... diabetes is more than writing the next novel. I can put my writing aside when I get tired or discouraged. I can pick up a favorite book to read in hopes of inspiration. Getting out with friends and family helps me revitalize the muses.

So, maybe it's not just my month. Maybe it's everyone else's month, too. Time to help others become aware of the disease that effects so many people from birth to middle age to death. So, I think, once a week, I will recognize another person on my blog who has diabetes like me.

No comments: