Friday, August 21, 2009

Flying High

Bugs me. But today made me appreciate Kerri Sparling's post the other day about preconceived notions. And she made a really good point that even I don't always see clearly enough.

...If something happens to me as a result of this disease, no one gets to tsk tsk and shake their head, murmuring, "She just didn't take care of herself." Diabetes-related complications are not my fault. They are the result of diabetes. My blood sugars are high and low at times because I have diabetes, not because I'm doing everything wrong. We all work very diligently to compensate for our busted pancreases, and I will not - not even for a second - allow someone to wipe away my life's efforts with a shake of their head and whispered blame...

That being said--and so wonderfully, too--I had a really crappy day. Last night I didn't hear my pump alarms warning me of no delivery, so I woke up at about 4:30 with a 410. Why don't they make the no delivery alarm REALLY LOUD?! Do they think everyone who is a diabetic is a light sleeper? I'm NOT! At about 6 o'clock, it was down near 250, and when I finally woke up for good at 7:30, i was at 141. My day went all right. No highs or lows...until tonight. When I tested and it was 349!! WTF? I'm trying to be conservative on my bolusing. I have a tendency to overbolus. This is unwarranted, though. What happened? What did I eat?

scrambled eggs.
two biscuits.
juice.

I took 5 units. That should be plenty.
Nope.
2 hours later, I'm WAY HIGH. Way too high.
Sucks. This is all attached to the last post where I was complaining of hyperglycemic symptoms... and being cranky. There's a strange pattern in the air...and I wonder if it has to do with my cycle or something. Or Stress?!?!?!?!?

No comments: