Tuesday, November 3, 2009

End of Day Report

BG: 78 -- drats, I'll have to eat something...but not too much because then my sugar will probably pop right out of the lines. *eyeroll* Maybe with my new overnight basal I shouldn't eat at all. Maybe I can cruise on this... yeah, right. The risk is too high.

See? Now I was going to get on here and talk about something NOT diabetes related!

Like, hey! I read this really fun book over the weekend. Heather Graham's The Death Dealer, a whodunit of classic proportions. Wonderful dialogue, colorful characters and even ghosts thrown in to make it all a little more interesting. Have you ever watched the old black and white movies? Gas Light? Arsenic and Old Lace? That's how reading this felt. It was perfect for the Halloween weekend.

Did I figure it out? Not officially. :D I was never able to pin it down... perhaps my wits have been dulled by too much Max and Ruby and Baby Einstein. Late nights and early mornings...

One other thing, my husband made the most unusual gesture yesterday. He was telling me about his day in the woods. He's hunting for deer this week. He had a chance at a doe, but didn't take it because it had a fawn with it. I looked at him with a question in my eye and he shrugged, "The fawn needs someone to look after it."

I shook my head with a smile. Maybe that's SOP for hunters, but I'd never thought of it before, and to hear that tender sentiment was surprising... and nice.

So I teased him for being a softy.

No comments: